Trewirgie Infants' & Nursery School aims to ensure that:
- All our pupils are safe and protected from harm
- Provisions and policies are in place to enable pupils to feel safe and adopt safe practices
- Staff, pupils, governors, visitors, volunteers and parents are aware of the expected behaviours and the school's legal responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils.
Trewirgie Infants' & Nursery have systems in place which are designed to
- Prevent unsuitable people working with children
- Promote safe practice and challenge poor & unsafe practice
- Identify instances in which there are grounds for concern about a child's welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe.